If you are conscious about your health, then you have to make sure that you are also consuming healthy drinks aside from ensuring that your body receives nutrients from foods. So what are the super healthy drinks you have to include in your diet? Here are your top 10 choices.
- Water – Of course, your healthiest choice is water. It is clean and healthy plus it prevents not only dehydration but also kidney stones and constipation. It does not have calories, making it perfect if you do not want to gain excess weight.
Adding around one to three cups of water daily to your diet can even help you lessen your intake of salt, sugar, fat, and calories. If you find water too plain, then squeeze some citrus fruits on it. Adding some berries or herbs to it, such as mint, can also enhance it.
- Filtered Coffee – Filtered coffee is also a fantastic choice with its ability to protect you from liver disease and Type 2 diabetes. It also lowers your risk of suffering from heart disease. The healthiest number of cups of filtered coffee you can take daily is three to five but make sure to lessen the use of sugar and cream as much as possible.
However, breastfeeding and pregnant women should consult their doctor first and find out if it is safe for them to drink filtered coffee. For those with high cholesterol levels, brewing the coffee first using a paper filter is beneficial. It removes cafestol, a substance known to increase bad (LDL) cholesterol.
- Tea – Another healthy drink that you have to try is tea. There are different kinds of it, including black and green tea, but all of them are rich in antioxidants that keep you protected from high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and cancer. Unsweetened, brewed teas also have low calorie content, making them perfect for those who are watching their weight. Go for those you can brew at home as they do not contain extra sugar often present in bottled teas.
- Pomegranate Juice – Another fantastic super healthy drink you have to include in your diet is the all-natural and nutritious pomegranate juice. It is rich in antioxidants that prevent cell damage while also lessening inflammation. This benefit can also offer relief from arthritis. Aside from that, it is rich in Vitamin C that can strengthen your immune system and fight the common colds and infections.
- Beet Juice – If you love juice, then making one out of beets is definitely worth trying. What’s great about beets is that they are rich in nitrates, magnesium, and folic acid. The nitrates you get from beets will be converted by your body into nitric oxide, which is a big help in improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure. It can also improve your stamina when working out.
- Lemon Juice – Another nutritious super drink is lemon juice, which is famous for being effective in boosting your immune system. You only need around two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice stirred into one glass of water to get a generous dose of Vitamin C. It is also the key to staying hydrated if you are not so fond of drinking plain water.
- Coconut Water – You can also go for coconut water if you are looking for a way to hydrate your body the healthy way. It is a great drink considering the fact that it is a great source of potassium. By supplying your body with a generous dose of potassium, you will gain help in keeping your blood pressure in control and maintaining a healthy heartbeat.
- Milk – Another drink rich in nutrients is milk. Your body will receive plenty of nutrients from it, including Vitamin D, potassium, and calcium that are all essential in making your bones, teeth, and muscles healthy. One cup of it even has a higher amount of protein compared to one large egg. Just make sure to go for skim and low-fat versions so your body will receive nutrients without the excess calories.
- Ginger Tea – You can also make a homemade tea out of ginger. It is healthy as it contains ginger, which is an effective remedy for a lot of stomach troubles. Ginger tea can soothe an upset stomach and offer relief from motion sickness. It can also ease digestion and help deal with nausea linked to pregnancy.
- Cranberry Juice – Lastly, you can try cranberry juice, which is proven to be good for your health. It relieves urinary tract infection and kidney stones. Aside from that, it protects you from heart disease and some types of cancer. Just makes sure to go for 100 percent cranberry juice to get your desired results.
By making these drinks a part of your diet, you will be doing your body a great favor. These healthy super drinks can provide most of the nutrients you need to ensure that you are at the pink of health and wellness.