Do you love raspberries? Then note that you can create several desserts using the fruit that can satisfy your cravings for sweets. One recipe that you can prepare out of raspberries is a raspberry tart. The good thing about raspberries is that they are not just tasty ingredients for dessert but are also good for your health.
Aside from being low in calories, raspberries are excellent sources of fiber, antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals. This fruit has properties designed to protect you from aging, obesity, diabetes, arthritis, as well as other health conditions.
Making it a part of your diet is also easy. One way to do so is to prepare the following raspberry tart regularly.
- 7 tbsps. melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 large-sized eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup diced unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 containers fresh raspberries (6-oz. per container)
- A pinch of salt
- Make the crust first. You can do that by preheating your oven first once you have positioned the rack at the center.
- Mix sugar, vanilla, and melted butter using a fork or spatula in a medium-sized bowl. Add salt and flour. Stir well until all ingredients are properly mixed.
- Once you have formed the dough, transfer it into a tart pan, around 9 inches in diameter. It is also highly recommended to use a tart pan that has a removable bottom. Use your fingertips to press the dough evenly to the bottom and the sides of the tart pan.
- Bake this in the preheated oven for around eighteen minutes or until it turns to golden. You will notice the crust puffing a bit when you are baking it.
- Once done, put the baked crust into a rack and let it cool down. Set it aside while maintaining the temperature in the oven.
- Prepare the filling by whisking eggs, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Mix well to blend. Add the required amounts of vanilla and flour. Whisk the ingredients until a smooth consistency is attained.
- Prepare a small saucepan and set it over medium heat. Cook the butter in there while stirring frequently for around six minutes or until it shows a deep nutty brown color. Pour this browned butter into a measuring cup made of glass. Whisk it slowly into the mixture containing the sugar and egg. Whisk continuously until everything is well-mixed.
- Start arranging the raspberries at the bottom of the baked crust with their pointed sides facing up. Make sure that the raspberries are close together and arranged in concentric circles.
- After putting the berries, pour the butter mixture carefully and evenly on top. Put the tart on a baking sheet with a rim. Bake it for around forty minutes or until you notice the filling turning into golden and puffing.
- Let this raspberry tart cool down completely in the pan. After that, take it out of the pan and put it in a platter.
- Serve after cutting the tart into wedges.
This raspberry tart is one of the most flavorful and refreshing desserts you can ever make. One great thing about it is that it uses browned butter, which provides more depth to the filling’s flavors. It will surely be a great hit, especially if you serve it on special occasions.