Apple cider vinegar is now a popular remedy for a wide range of conditions. It is because a lot of people have claimed that it can provide amazing health benefits. This vinegar is derived from crushed, distilled, and fermented apples. You can consume it in small amounts or take it as a supplement.
The fact that it is rich in acetic acid as well as other beneficial compounds is the reason behind its claimed health benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Supports weight loss – One reason why apple cider vinegar is good for those who want to lose weight is that it only contains minimal amounts of calories. Some even say that a tablespoon or two of ACV taken every day helps in stimulating the fat burning process. However, you still have to make sure to combine this routine with a healthy diet and exercise to maximize its positive effects on your weight.
- Reduces your risk of dealing with heart disease – Another advantage of apple cider vinegar is that it can lessen the level of triglyceride and cholesterol within your body, which can prevent you from dealing with heart disease as extremely high levels of them can trigger such problems.
ACV is also rich in alpha-linolenic acid, which lowers one’s risk of dealing with heart disease. Aside from that, it can lower your blood pressure, which is a sign that it can support better cardiovascular health.
- Improves the health of your hair – Apple cider vinegar can also be used to improve your hair’s health. It is the reason why you can see it as an ingredient in some natural shampoos. It is mainly because of its high acetic acid content that tends to lower pH naturally. The vinegar also seems to work magic in clarifying your hair. It can fight bacteria present in your hair, thereby preventing damage that might affect the way your locks look.
- Good for the skin – ACV is also one of the best remedies for a wide range of skin conditions, such as eczema and dryness. Note that your skin is a bit acidic naturally. By using topical ACV, you can bring back the balance of your skin’s natural pH level.
It can contribute a lot to improving your skin’s protective barrier. The vinegar also has plenty of antibacterial properties, making it capable of preventing skin infections caused by eczema as well as other skin ailments. Moreover, you can use its diluted form to make a toner or facial wash, which can help prevent spots and the buildup of bacteria.
- Helps lower your blood sugar – Another benefit of ACV is that it can reduce your blood sugar when you are not eating or on the fasting stage. This is a good thing, especially if you are someone who has a hard time keeping your blood sugar in control. Just make sure to consult your doctor before taking ACV to help you in dealing with diabetes as it might also cause your potassium to drop significantly.
To take full advantage of apple cider vinegar, you can make it a part of your recipes. Add it to certain foods, like your homemade mayonnaise or salad dressings. You may also drink it by diluting it in water first. Make sure to begin with small doses as excessive intake of it might also have negative side effects, like tooth enamel erosion. Go for an unfiltered and organic apple cider vinegar, too, as it is the safest and healthiest version.