Having a high level of energy and brain power is important in ensuring that your body gets to function well. It can keep your brain sharp, which promotes better productivity and efficiency. The best way to increase your energy and brain power, especially as you age, is to stick to a healthy diet pattern. Among the top food choices for those who want to elevate their energy and maintain mental sharpness are the following:
- Banana – Even just a single banana can help increase the level of your energy. Endurance athletes who regularly eat bananas even experience a noticeable improvement in their overall performance. It is a great source of energy since it is rich in potassium, Vitamin B6, and carbohydrates. All these nutrients result in more productivity and better performance.
- Avocado – Avocado is known for being an all-around fruit that can supply your body with plenty of vital nutrients. It is rich in fiber and protein – both of which can sustain a high level of energy all throughout the day. It also has good fats designed to elevate your energy and ensure that fat-soluble nutrients become readily available within the body.
- Fatty fish – Your brain and energy level can also greatly benefit from your regular intake of fatty fish. It is because it is a great source of B vitamins and protein that are capable of supplying your body with sustained energy the entire day.
Tuna, sardines, salmon, and other fatty cold-water fish also have high Omega-3 fatty acid content, which can boost your brain function. Aside from that, it can lessen body inflammation that might trigger fatigue.
- Greek yogurt – You will also notice a significant increase in your energy by eating plain Greek yogurt. Each 6-oz. serving of this yogurt is enough to supply your body with up to 18 grams of protein. You can eat it as your afternoon snack or on-the-go breakfast, giving you a sudden burst of energy and brain power. Aside from that, Greek yogurt is also rich in calcium, which can strengthen your bones, thereby preventing osteoporosis.
- Walnuts – If you are looking for foods that can give you an instant boost in energy and mental sharpness, then you should go for walnuts. These are rich in healthy fats and protein that can prevent cognitive decline and improve memory.
Moreover, it has Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly ALA or the alpha-linoleic acid, which contributes to lowering your blood pressure and keeping your arteries healthy. With that, it is safe to say that walnuts are good not only for your energy and brain but also for your heart.
- Berries – Berries should also form part of your regular diet if you want to improve your brain functions. Most berries are rich in antioxidants, especially flavonoids that are healthy for the brain. The good thing about antioxidants is that they can lessen oxidative stress and inflammation.
These positive effects can contribute a lot to lessening body inflammation, improving the way your brain cells communicate and delaying cognitive decline and neurodegenerative diseases linked to age. Some berries rich in antioxidants that can improve the health of your brain are blackberries, mulberries, blackcurrants, strawberries, and blueberries, so make it a point to incorporate them into your meal plans.
Your energy and brain can greatly benefit from the foods you eat. By including the foods mentioned here, you will immediately notice your energy rising and your brain activating, making it possible for you to handle even the most difficult and exhausting tasks.