Eat These Foods for Clear Skin
Do you want to have clear and healthy-looking skin – one that is acne- or pimple-free and young-looking? Then you have to add certain foods to your daily diet that are proven to clear up your skin and make it as healthy looking as possible. The following are just a few of those foods proven to be beneficial for the skin because of their ability to keep it as clear as possible:
- Fatty Fish – Some examples of fatty fish are salmon, herring, and mackerel – all of which can provide incredible benefits as far as clearing your skin is concerned. It is mainly because fatty fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids known for their significance in maintaining better skin.
With their high Omega-3 fatty acid content, fatty fish can improve the suppleness and thickness of your skin. It can also moisturize your skin, thereby preventing dryness. Omega-3 can also lessen inflammation that might lead to acne and redness. It can even help reduce your skin’s sensitivity to the damaging UV rays coming from the sun.
Aside from Omega-3, fatty fish also contains Vitamin E, which is a good antioxidant designed to improve the health of your skin. With an adequate supply of Vitamin E, you can protect your skin from free radical damage as well as from inflammation.
- Avocado – Rich in healthy fats, avocado should also form part of your diet if you want to clear up your skin and make it as moisturized and flexible as possible. This food also contains certain compounds designed to prevent wrinkles and other early signs of aging.
It is also rich in both Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant capable of protecting your skin against oxidative damage while Vitamin C can stimulate the production of collagen known as the primary structural protein designed to strengthen your skin and make it as healthy as possible.
- Almonds and sunflower seeds – You should also try to increase your intake of almonds and sunflower seeds as these are rich in Vitamin E that can support better skin health. This antioxidant can protect your skin from free radical damage often triggered by harsh elements like pollution and UV rays. It also helps hydrate your skin.
- Berries – Different kinds of berries can also guarantee better skin health, making it as clear as possible. Among your choices are cranberries, blackberries, and blueberries – all of which are rich in antioxidants and nutrients that help clear up your skin. These are anti-inflammatories that support the healing of the body while also being protective enough against free radical damage. This can work wonders when it comes to making your skin clear and healthy.
- Leafy Greens – Kale, spinach, and other leafy greens are also good for the skin because of the extra antioxidants they contain. These greens can produce healthy skin cells and supply your body with adequate amounts of Vitamin A. This Vitamin can fight flaky and dry skin.
These healthy and nutritious greens are also loaded with Vitamin C, which lessens the damage caused by the sun to elastin and collagen. Furthermore, they are rich in Vitamin E that prevents inflammation as well as folate designed to stimulate proper DNA repair. Adding certain foods to your diet can indeed work wonders in improving the look of your skin. With the foods mentioned here, you will be on your way towards boosting your confidence knowing that you look good with your clear, healthy, glowing, and young-looking skin.