Strong legs and a well-toned butt are essential for everyone because they assist in jumping, walking, and achieving proper balance. They offer adequate support for your body while helping you enjoy doing your daily activities without hassle. If you have a goal of shaping and toning your butt and legs then these tips and exercises will surely be of help:
- Include squats in your workout routines – Squat is a good exercise for toning your legs and sculpting your butt, abs, and hips, so it helps to make this a part of your regular workout. It is also a good choice for those with back problems as you will be doing it while standing up without adding extra weight that might only strain the back.
If you want to achieve proper balance or get additional support when doing squats, then do it while standing beside a chair or along a wall. One of your hands should be on that object. Also, make sure that you resist any urge to push from it or pull on it.
- Use dumbbells – A good butt toning workout should also involve the use of dumbbells as doing so can help you get favorable results quickly. Note that glutes are considered as muscles. With that in mind, you also need to do some strength training, which is possible by using dumbbells. A simple exercise involves holding the weights while keeping your knees bent. It is simple but will help you notice quick results.
- Perform circuit training several days a week – Circuit training can also produce favorable results for your butt and legs because most exercises that you will do will target your glutes from various angles. It involves different exercises, giving your butt and legs a thorough workout. The key here is to try building muscles. The fact that this workout involves strength and resistance training also makes it favorable for your butt and legs.
- Stick to a healthy and balanced diet – Avoid starving yourself because as muscles, your glutes also require a good supply of protein and calories. Eat natural foods, instead of those that come from boxes or cans. Consume foods rich in protein, like lean meats, whole eggs, and tuna fish.
Get most of your daily calorie requirement from whole foods in a store’s produce section. Increase your intake of fruits, nuts, whole grains, and veggies, too, and stay away from sugary sodas and fruit juices as much as possible.
- Run or climb stairs – Look for a set of not too steep stairs that are at least thirty steps high. Begin this tip by running one flight of stairs up and down. You can increase the number of flights as you get to familiarize your body with the whole process. Complete as many flights as possible within twenty minutes.
What is good about this exercise is that it is beneficial for your legs, butt, and cardiovascular health. You can expect it to help in burning more calories and fats the higher your heart rate is during the exercise. Consider doing it for a long period to burn more fats and calories and increase the intensity.
There are several ways and exercises for you to shape and tone both your butt and legs. All it takes is to find out which among them will specifically work for you. Once you figured out the best routine that you can follow, you will be closer to your goal of getting your butt and legs in shape.